Saturday 7 September 2013

Mo-Billing App: Progress Report 1

You have now seen some screen shots of our in-house made prototype. The prototype was used for proof of concept, and yes, we did prove our concept would work!

Using the prototype software created by myself, Caleb Chan and Bradley Jung, a group of Carleton University Engineering students, we were able to successfully bill OHIP a significantly large test batch of claims. Pil was the so called "lab rat" in the experiment, as it was his batch of claims we tested the prototype on. I did all the behind the scene submission to OHIP. Since it was my first time submitting claims to OHIP, I really learned a lot on the subject of OHIP billing, mostly for hospitalist work. Pil taught me the basics and I learned a lot through research and continuous contact with the MOHLTC (I'm sure they found my phone calls annoying). I will be sharing this information with you in due time.

Now that we've proven our concept to work we are in the process of creating our marketable version. This will be created by Jevin Maltais, the founder of Quickjack Solutions, a company with expertise in building web and mobile apps. Together with Jevin, and based on our prototype work we have scoped out and planned our marketable version. Below is a teaser, showing part of the mock-ups that resulted after 2-weeks of intensive discussions/meetings and multiple iterations.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.